Telephone Reference Form
Potential volunteer's name:________________________________________
Reference being interviewed:______________________________________
Hello, my name is ______________________________
and I am with the ___________________________________(your organization).
Your name was given to us by _______________________(potential volunteer's name).
He/She is interested in being a volunteer with ________________(your organization).
To help us better understand where this person might fit into our organization, I would like to ask you a few questions. This call should take no more than five minutes. Is this a good time or should I call you at a more convenient time? ___________________________(potential volunteer's name) has given his/her approval of you releasing information about him/her.
- How do you know this person? How long have you known him/her?
- Please comment about this person's ability to work with other people.
- Please comment about his/her sense of responsibility and follow through on commitments.
- Please comment about this person's leadership skills, organizational skills and people skills.
- Are there any reasons why you feel this person would be a unsuitable volunteer to be working for our organization?
- Would you be comfortable having a member of your family under the guidance of this person? Why or why not?
- Has this person ever been convicted of a crime that you are aware of?
- Do you have anything else you would like to share with me about this person?
Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate your contributions.
Phone interview conducted by:________________________________
Subscribe in a reader
We promise never to sell, rent, or give your|
email address to anyone else. PERIOD!
The gold standard in nonprofit email newsletter delivery. Custom newsletter templates, funding appeals, event updates & more. 20% nonprofit discount!
7 Essential Steps to Raising Money by Mail
Learn with practical examples, detailed checklists, writing helps and other tools. Sample letters for different types of solicitations and for different nonprofit groups. A step by step guide to writing fundraising letters.
Silent Auction Guide & Toolkit
Learn how to create a successful silent auction fundraiser. Silent auction strategies, timelines, auction items and how to organize and display them, how to close an auction and take payments, and other add on fundraisers to boost the bottom line of your silent auction.
Let's Raise Money
The inside scoop about small group fundraising. Learn from the founder of a national fundraising company as he reveals secrets observed over nearly two decades of fundraising.
Read a Free Excerpt
The Ultimate Guide to Planning a 5K Run or Walk Fundraiser
Plan a successful race from scratch. Proven marketing strategies, find and manage volunteers, maximize revenues, recruit and motivate teams. Checklists, forms, speadsheets, worksheets all included.
Secrets of the Charity Auction Experts
Learn from the experts! Discover the best selling auction items. How to get auction items donated. How to boost attendance. How to get more bids and higher selling prices. How to coordinating volunteers, staff and auction consultants.
Grant Writing for Beginners
Learn how to quickly and easily establish relationships with regional foundations and build a strong base of grant support for your nonprofit.
Read a Free Excerpt